[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Multiple Master, one slave replica?
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: Multiple Master, one slave replica?
- From: Turbo Fredriksson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 02 Jun 2000 18:44:27 +0200
- In-reply-to: "Kurt D. Zeilenga"'s message of "Wed, 31 May 2000 11:36:39 -0700"
- Organization: LDAP expert wannabe
- References: <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Gnus/5.0804 (Gnus v5.8.4) Emacs/20.6
Quoting "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>:
> At 09:23 PM 5/29/00 +0200, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> >Now to the question. I'd like to have my personal machine's database
> >replicated to the same slave... Is this possible? And if so, how is it
> Yes. You just setup the second replication as you would the
> first... hint: use a separate database for each tree being
> replicated on both sides.
Oki, that worked. Thanx.
Currently that slave was more or less only a test setup, but i now
see the bigger use for having it permanent... Naturaly! :)
At the moment the passwords are there in cleartext, mode 600. That's
not a good thing, of course. Previously (a couple of months ago) I
tried to compile with kerberos, but then a lot of other stuff stoped
working (mostly PAM stuff).
How do I compile with kerberos but making sure that pam_ldap etc can
still use the libs/services?