solaris2.6 threads

Title: solaris2.6 threads

Given the warnings about potential issues with pre-emptive threads, I wanted to
find out whether OpenLDAP 1.2.9 is any safer/better wrt to the the Solaris2.6 pthreads.

Would using a single-CPU box, and not having a situation where there are multiple
concurrent writers help skirt around this problem till OpenLDAP 2.0 arrives ?
If not, is GNU pthreads a reasonable alternative ?

I'm interested in hearing people's experience on this matter, especially if the system
is in a production environment.

Thanks, Vinod.