Re: Growing database files

Yup, that's they way they work.  It would be a severe performance
penalty to do the garbage collection it would require to shrink the
files.  The space will be reused when you add new objects.

If you really want to shrink the files in this case, then you need
to use ldbmcat to dump the database, and then reload it with ldif2ldbm.

Randy