Re: ldap_bind: No such object

I am sorry I didn't compile the source myself. I grabbed
the binary from
ftp.redhat.com:/pub/redhat-6.2beta/i386/RedHat/RPMS/openldap-1.2.9-4.i386.rpm

Aside from that error message, everything seems to work fine.
I used the migration scripts to add /etc into ldap.
Then I can use "gq" (GTK LDAP client) to browse the directory.
I was surprised to see that as a anonymouse user, I can
view all the encrypted password. Is that normal? This seems
to be a step back from the shadow passwd file. Will ldap
authentication transmit clear text password over the wire?

Thanks!

Frank