Re: How the slave slapd know which is the master slapd?

Dustin Sallings wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Xuan Huan wrote:
> #    I want to configure the slave slapd, but the problem is how the
> # slave know which is the master slapd?
> 	The master's the one sending it all those updates.

To put it another way, the slave does not "know" who its master is.
All you configure in the slave is the "updatedn".  By definition,
a connection which binds and authenticates as the updatedn has full
access to the slave database.  Presumably this is only used by the
master via the replica configuration.