RE: LDAP C phooey

that's essentially the same thing. It also doesn't work.

Well... ldap_open() and ldap_init() return a pointer just like fopen() does. I only saw your code fragment and assumed you'd do something like:

LDAP *dldap_open()  /* Get a handle to an LDAP connection. */

{
  LDAP *ld=NULL;

  if ((ld = ldap_open(LDAP_SERVER, LDAP_PORT)) == NULL)  {
    stslog(LOG_ERR,"ldap_open(%s %u) failed",DLDAP_SERVER,LDAP_PORT);
    return(NULL);
  }
  return(ld);
}

/\lbert

| Albert Siersema aka loonatic | There are no deadlines any deadlier  |
|                              |  nor limits more limiting than those |
|          albert@friendly.net |  we set (for) ourselves         (la) |