Re: indexes

At 09:56 AM 3/6/00 +0100, Lalot Dominique wrote:
>I am rather newbie on ldap. The beginning is not easy as the return code
>are not obvious (not such object) and so on..

The FAQ provides some details as to common causes for LDAP result
codes.  http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=53

>I noticed some problems without determinig why sometimes some indexes got
>corrupted (1.2.7-3/ Linux/Mandrake 7.0)
>I made a test: delete uid.dbb
>restart server..no warning!!
>ldapsearch uid=..
>returns nothing..but creates an empty strange uid.dbb
>
>What is the way to rebuild the indexes.

ldif2index (combined with ldbmcat).  I also suggest using OpenLDAP
1.2.9 and following our Quick Start Guide.
http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=172

>Could we install an try openldap V2?..

OpenLDAP 2.0 is not yet released.