LinuxThreads (0.8) are non-preemptive ?

AFAIK (and the designer/programmer/writer of the FAQ)
LinuxThreads use the Linux specific clone(2) system call
which causes threads being scheduled by the kernel as
if it where seperate processes thus making it IMHO
non-preemptive and safe to use.
(unless maybe CLONE_PID would be used with clone
 in which case one thread blocking on e.g. I/O would take
 the other threads 'down' with it too ?)

However, i've read in postings and the OpenLDAP FAQ that
one shouldn't compile OpenLDAP with thread support under
Linux(Threads).

I'm a tad bit confused here. What's the way to go and why ?

Albert
/\lbert

| Albert Siersema aka loonatic | There are no deadlines any deadlier  |
|                              |  nor limits more limiting than those |
|          albert@friendly.net |  we set (for) ourselves         (la) |