Re: Please assist - LDAP authentication

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Douglas Partridge wrote:

	You're not authenticating an account per se, you're authenticating
a directory entry.  Your dn might be, for instance:

	uid=dpartridge,ou=People,dc=altamira-group,dc=com

	or

	cn=Douglas Partridge,ou=People,dc=altamira-group,dc=co

	or maybe you will have both?

	the userPassword attribute on that entry will be used to verify
that that user is allowed in if you're doing simple authentication.

	As far as ACLs, you can find examples to get you started in the
Faq-o-matic.

--
SA, beyond.com           My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>