Re: indexing

At 05:05 PM 2/24/00 -0500, William L Anderson wrote:
>I have a couple of questions about indexing:
>
>1. I understand what the qualifiers eq, sub, approx, and none mean for
>indexing an attribute, but what does "pres" mean?

present.  See slapd.conf(5).

>2. I'm transferring our database to a new machine and have exported
>the data with ldbmcat but didn't find info in the archives about how
>to import and create indexes.

man ldif2ldbm(1).

>	first, I'd like to change the indices on this import:

edit slapd.conf(5) before running ldif2ldbm.

>	so, should I import using ldapadd?

If may, or you use the bulk loader (ldif2ldbm).  Note that ldif2ldbm
should only be used were the LDIF is known to be good (such as with
LDIF created by ldbmcat when all entries were added/modified via
ldap operations (ldapadd,ldapmodify,etc).

>and will indexes be created as specified in the slapd.conf file?

Yes.