Re: No such Object

--- William L Anderson wrote:
the more reliable way to add data from an ldif file is
to use ldapadd (see the manpage).
--- end of quote ---

Following all the helpful tips from the list, I trashed the databases created with ldif2ldbm.

Next, I commented out the index directives in the slapd.conf file.

I then tried to use ldapadd, but I get the same error 32, No Such Object. Figuring it was my ldif file, I created a new file, just copying the line from the manpage and changing the lines to match what I have in the slapd.conf file.

Still no luck. I've double checked my slapd.conf file, and have resorted to using the -f /fullpath/slapd.conf when launching slapd just to make sure that it is reading the correct file.

Any other ideas?

Steve Cochran
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center