Re: There is no /etc/syslog.conf file

At 10:39 AM 2/24/00 +1100, Shaleeza Sohail wrote:
>Hi
>Thanks for you reply.
>But there is no /etc/syslog.conf file.
>Now what to do
>shaleeza

I think you've gone off topic.  Your questions concerns
how to setup and install a basic system service, not
how to configure that service for use with OpenLDAP.
As such, I suggest you redirect your question to a
more appropriate forum.  IIRC, you were using Sun
Solaris.  Sun has a number of resources for system
administrators available (or listed) at:

  http://mysun.sun.com/servlet/SNDesktop?action=setrole&rolename=sysadmin

You might want to seek out a introductory book on managing
computing systems and services (preferably one specific
to the operating system you are using).