Populating the ldif

I was wondering if anyone has a script(or some other method) that will
automatically populate an ldif file from etc/passwd.  This has all the
basic info that I need and I'm unfortunately not programmer-ish enough
to accomplish it on my own.  Also, for my outlook clients(for whow this
will be their default address book) I would like the LDAP database to
come up immediately upon entering the addressbook.  I *suspect* tht this
might have something to do with the base search, but I have tried all
sorts of different combinations with no luck....has anyone set this up
in outlook successfully?  Thanks.

chris