Quick(?) question...

I've got an ldap database that won't accept alterations to the database
(everything seems to be reading just fine....).  We _hope_ its just a
corrupt data ldap db file.  Unfortuneatley its not and openldap database and
their version of ldbmcat is core dumping (thank you very much).

I don't know enough about LDAP to answer this: Is it possible to create an
ldif [-n] file via LDAP searches/queries to then be used to recreate the
database?  If so, has someone already created this tool?

Thanks,
Shawn