Re: Outlook Express 5.0 and OpenLDAP

	I am doing the same thing, but at the moment have just tested with
netscape.
I have found that netscape wants to receive the entry and matched mail
attr and value.

For instance, if I logged in with user@domain.com and a password, the
client expects to receive:

dn: uid=user, dc=domain, dc=com, c=US
mail: user@domain.com

	If it doesn't receive "mail: user@domain.com" along with the entry,
netscape gives an error of "Mail ID invalid", but receives the dn and
will continue to bind to the server with the users dn.  Using the
slapd.conf access list below should help you out.  I am still trying to
figure out how I can disallow an anonymous user from grabbing all of the
mail attributes values from every record (ie, filter of mail=*).  I
would like an anonymous user to only have access to an exact matching
mail=user@domain.com filter, to satisfy netscape and others and deny all
other anonymous connections.

defaultaccess   none
access to attr=entry
        by * read
access to attr=mail
        by dn=".+" read
        by * search
access to attr=userpassword
        by self write
        by * none
access to *
        by self write
        by dn=".+" read
        by * none

index uid,mail eq
index default none

--
Charles Rouzer - Vital Information Technology, Inc. - Greensboro, NC