Re: slapd grows without bounds

I seriously hope you are correct that my configuration is
wrong, even if it proves I'm a stupid idiot: I just want it
to work.

Again, here is my configuration. If you can point out
what options I am not setting correctly, that would
be a big help, because I and everyone who shares
this problem must be missing something in the docs.

include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.at.conf
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.oc.conf
schemacheck     on

pidfile         /usr/local/var/slapd.pid
argsfile        /usr/local/var/slapd.args

######################################
# ldbm database definitions
######################################

database        ldbm
suffix          "o=Foobar Publishers,c=US"
directory       /usr/tmp

rootdn "uid=admin,o=Foobar Publishers,c=US"
rootpw {SHA}ZxOTDxlvlB3341gHwe3w0Kunqss=
updatedn "uid=admin,o=Foobar Publishers,c=US"

index dn,mailhost,mail,mailalternateaddress eq

cachesize 100
dbcachesize 1000

Note that I have tried various cache levels (the default
_should_ be fine), and every compile option I could find.

Again, system is FreeBSD 3.4-stable, openldap 1.3.9.

(I'm testing the same config on Solaris now.....)

Ok, this does not appear to happen on Solaris.....
I guess this narrows it down a bit. Openldap is configured
on Solaris (2.6)  with --with-threads=lwp. Other than
that there is no difference that I am aware of. (Both
are using BerkelyDB 2.7.7 from sleepycat).

So perhaps there is something wrong related specifically
to FreeBSD's threading implementation? Whose tree
to bark up now?

Thanks,
Dave