Re: Error with web2ldap and libldap.so.1

Craig Silva wrote:

> not sure whether  this is the right mailing list to deal with this,

openldap-software@openldap.org is only for discussing
OpenLDAP-Software from http://www.openldap.org/.

openldap-general@openldap.org might be a good choice for discussing
web2ldap if Kurt agrees with that.

> but
> I am attempting to get web2ldap installed but have come across the
> following problem;
>
> the apache log gives the following error -
>
> headers: /home/httpd/cgi-bin/web2ldap.py
> Traceback (innermost last):headers: /home/httpd/cgi-bin/web2ldap.py
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/home/httpd/cgi-bin/web2ldap.py", line 62, in ?
>     import msbase, cgiforms, cgissl, ldap, ldapbase, charset
> ImportError: /usr/lib/libldap.so.1: undefined symbol: res_search
> [Fri Feb  4 13:35:48 2000] [error] [client 192.168.0.3] Premature end of
> script headers: /home/httpd/cgi-bin/web2ldap.py

This is a problem with importing the ldapmodule.so. I saw this error
several times when ldapmodule.so was not build correctly or shared
libs are messed up from older installations. Since you're running
Red Hat Linux you might wanna grab a pre-compiled RPM found on
http://www.webideal.de/ldap/ and try again with that one.

For testing you can invoke the Python interpreter and just type:

  import ldap

There's also a new developers mailing list for python-ldap on
SourceForge (Cc:-ed, see
http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/python-ldap-dev).

Ciao, Michael.