Re: slapd grows without bounds

Hi,

I asked about this already, but I found a new thread
that is relevant.

I am running into the same problem as the original poster,
the difference being that I am using Berkeley DB 2.7.7
rather than 1.85.

I have only 1500 entries and the following indexes:

index dn,mailhost,mail,mailalternateaddress eq

My process size will grow to 250 megs or more and then
die on failed on realloc. Setting cachesize and dbcachesize
has no effect.

250 megs for 1500 entries does not seem reasonable - this
was happening even before I added the indexes, so indexing
isn't my problem.

There a others who are having the same problem with both
Linux and FreeBSD, and nobody I talked to has ever found
a solution.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Dave

At 10:49 AM 1/30/00 -0500, wesley.craig@umich.edu wrote:
>>> From:    George Cox <gjvc@extremis.demon.co.uk>
>>> To:      openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
>>
>>> Well, the subject says it all really.  I have OpenLDAP 1.2.9,
PerlDAP 1.4,