Re: attribute inheritance

At 12:11 PM 2/16/00 -0500, Maximilian Ott wrote:
>I just want to clarify: Is this a limitation of OpenLDAP 1.x, or is this
>something which shouldn't be done in LDAP.

LDAP servers are not required to implement attribute subtyping.
Many LDAPv2++ servers don't, many LDAPv3 do.  Your mileage will vary.

>I have another application where I want to create nodes dynamically
>whenver someone asks for them (kind of a cache). I assume that could be
>done easily by hacking up the database backend.

Yes.

>Are there some guidlines on how to add extensions to the server?

The U-Mich guide (see FAQ) offers a little insight... but it's
primary coding by example.  I suggest taking a look at
back-password, it provides a basic example.