Re: Incorrect date displayed in Netscape when Roaming

Well observed ... yes, this is a Y2K bug in Netscape. If you look closely you
will notice that the dayofweek is behind by two (the 11th of Feb was a friday),
meaning that Netscape gets the years mixed up, with the yearoffset from basedate
1970 being calculated wrongly as 0 in 2000. I already reported this bug to NS.
Maybe ;-) one of the next major releases will fix this...
Cheers,
Ingmar Gutberlet

AntonÌn Novak wrote:

> I am currently using Netscape Communicator to Roam my LDAP
> database. I am able to download my bookmarks etc.
>
> When I change users for Roaming, I am prompted in Netscape with
> the relevant dates of the files on the local PC and the server. The
> problem is that the date of the files of the server have a date of
> 1970 not 2000.
>
> I have monitored the data between the server and my Pc and I
> appear to be getting ther correct date sent from the server, ie.
>         Modified Timestamp 20000211143706Z
> This is being interpreted by Netscape as "
>         Wed Feb 11 15.37.06 1970
>
> Has any of you "Roamers" come accross this or know what the  fix
> is, I can see major problems if I make Roaming available to my
> users in this form.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Tony
begin:vcard
n:Gutberlet;Dr. Ingmar
tel;cell:+49-170-4103232
tel;fax:+49-3641-945142
tel;work:+49-3641-945145
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:University of Jena;Biological and Clinical Psychology
adr:;;Am Steiger 3, Haus 1;07743 Jena;;;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:gutberle@biopsy.uni-jena.de
fn:Dr. Ingmar Gutberlet
end:vcard