Re: Securing Open LDAP & SSL

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Seth Vidal wrote:

# > Unfortunately, (and correct me if I'm wrong...) stunnel uses openssl,
# > which uses rsa, and therefore unless you're non-commercial, or outside the
# > US, it's illegal to use w/o a license from the RSA people.
# you could
# 1. ignore rsa
# 2. realize that after oct it won't make a difference.

	It also depends on the usage.  Last time I did a project for work
that used RSA libraries for mostly internal stuff, I couldn't get pricing
out of RSA.  As much as I tried, they just didn't have a plan for me that
didn't involve giving them a fraction of the profits from transactions
that went over my application.  We didn't make money with those
transactions, so it didn't apply.  They finally just quit calling me back.

SA, beyond.com           My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>