Re: Referrals and Netscape 4.6

On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 04:39:41PM +0200, De Martin Michele wrote:
> Here is the LDIF by which I've populated the primary backend:
>
> dn: dc=Sanita, dc=fvg, dc=it
> objectclass: organization
> o: Sanita
>
> dn:
> ref="ldap://directory.aots.sanita.fvg.it/dc=AOTS,dc=Sanita,dc=fvg,dc=it";,
> dc=Sanita, dc=fvg, dc=it
> objectclass: referral
> ref: ldap://directory.aots.sanita.fvg.it/dc=AOTS,dc=Sanita,dc=fvg,dc=it
>
> When I do an ldapsearch on the root suffix I get the right results:

I really don't understand how you and others get this to work, whatever
I do (I've tried to do exact the same, only with other values), I only
get LDAPv2 referrals with just the host part, like

conn=4 op=5 SEARCH RESULT tag=101 err=9 text=Referral:
ldap://directory.aots.sanita.fvg.it

How do I configure which versions of OpenLDAP to get proper referrals
including the dn? It seems like many are doing this, but I can't.
I've been trying with 1.2 and devel, and searching with ldapsearch.
I could go into more details, but it looks like I'm missing something
elementary.

Stig