Re: Newbie question: setting userPassword field

Michael Ströder <michael.stroeder@inka.de> writes:

> Dave Carrigan wrote:
> >
> > > Depending on the module, it may then attempt to bind as "dn=dan,
> > > o=fatcanary" using the password "mypassword".
> >
> > Yes. The exact method it uses to generate the DN may vary from module to
> > module. My module would first do a search of uid=dan to find an entry
> > that matches.
>
> How about a search filter template in the configuration? (You may
> already have such an option. I don't know your module. URL?)

Yes, it supports search filters, so you can authenticate using any
attribute in the directory. You could even make relatively complicated
filters to satisfy complicated authentication scenarios. The URL is at
the bottom of this message.

--
Dave Carrigan (dave@rudedog.org)            | Yow! ..  this must be what it's
UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS | like to be a COLLEGE GRADUATE!!