Re: Newbie question: setting userPassword field

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, John Kristian wrote:

# LDAP clients are a separate issue.  Applications that read the
# userPassword attribute (via LDAP Search), and use its values in their
# own authentication algorithms must have software to support hashed
# passwords.  I'm not sure whether Apache does this; I suspect it does.  I
# have no idea whether it supports hashed passwords.  It should, IMHO.

	There are about 80 LDAP modules for Apache.  The one I use
verifies the password by binding as the user (as I would hope all of them
do).

--
SA, beyond.com           My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>