Re: Installation

adding onto what Yash said, if you build like this :

[Diefadima@localhost Diefadima]$ cd ~
[Diefadima@localhost Diefadima]$ tar zfvx openldap-release.tgz
[Diefadima@localhost Diefadima]$ cd openldap-release
[Diefadima@localhost ldap]$ ./configure --prefix=~/openldap (optionally
--without-threads)
[Diefadima@localhost ldap]$ make depend
[Diefadima@localhost ldap]$ make
[Diefadima@localhost ldap]$ cd tests
[Diefadima@localhost tests]$ make
[Diefadima@localhost tests]$ cd ..
[Diefadima@localhost ldap]$ make install

then you wil get openldap to install into ./openldap in your home
directory. You will still have to change the slapd.conf file to make it
start on a non-priviliged port.

-earl