Re: slapd logging

> From:  "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
> Date:  Thu, 03 Feb 2000 08:42:47 -0800
>
> At 09:58 AM 2/3/00 -0600, Chris Garrigues wrote:
> >Is there any reason to believe that throwing log info from slapd into the
> bit
> >bucket would make things any more stable.
>
> Well, why not just tell slapd not to log some much?
> See slapd.conf(5) for details on how to control the
> amount of logging.  IIRC, there is something in the
> FAQ on this as well.

Sure, make me feel foolish for not reading the right part of the
documentation... ;-)

I don't see in the man page what the default level is.  I guess 8 is in the
mix since most of what I'm seeing is connections...or is that 256?  Maybe I
just want to set it to zero until I have a problem that requires looking at
the logs...

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 virCIO
http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/	http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.