[jplooney-ldap@online.ie: referral]

 I've currently running a pilot OpenLDAP server, and a few people here are
using the server for their addressbooks.

 The suffix is currently "o=development". I've a few questions about this
though:

 Is there a problem with having an LDAP server's suffix set to
"o=development" ? When we go live, we'll have a server with a suffix of
"o=companyname". Is there a problem having a line in the Development
servers slapd.conf something like "referral http://ldap.company.com, do we
need to set the suffixes to "ou=development, o=company" and "ou=main,
o=company" or something like that ?

 Can we refer to something that doesn't have a common suffix part,
basically.

 Also, is there a doc somewhere that would let me know how to specify a
password in crypt format in /etc/slapd.conf ?

Kate

--
Do you have a problem with American Mulitnationals forcing the arrest of a
Norwegian 16 year old, because he made them look like fools by cracking