Re: slapd grows without bounds

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 19:28:47 +0200, Mitja Sarp wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 08:17:09AM -0800, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> > >
> > >ldif2ldbm should not be used to initially load the database.  Instead,
> > >the server should be started with scheme checking turned on and ldapadd
> > >should be used.
> >
> > Very true.
>
> Why is it so? Our testdatabase has 500k-1M entries, doing it that way would
> take unreasonably long time.

Because ldif2ldbm does no testing whatsoever on the inserted data. If you
are absolutely sure that you have no errors in your data it will work,
but it is at your own risk

/Niels

--
Niels Baggesen,  UNI-C,  Olof Palmes Alle 38,  DK-8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Email: Niels.Baggesen@uni-c.dk - Tel: +45 8937 6669 - Fax: +45 8937 6677