LDAP 1.2 test-db fails on HP-UX 11.0 with -lpthread

Hi Folks,

(This is my first post -- is openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org the right
address?  The Mailing Lists pages doesn't actually list which e-mail
address to post to -- unless I missed it.)

I'm trying to install OpenLDAP on an HP-UX 11.0 system.  I'm having a
problem getting the threaded version to pass the test-db.  I'm using the
OpenLDAP version 1.2 with the Berkeley DB 2.7.7 from Sleepycat.

I've managed to get a version built with threads turned off, that passes
the tests in the ldap/tests directory and installs OK.  I finally got
that version to at least start up from the command line but can't figure
out to where it is logging -- there's nothing in
/var/adm/syslog/syslog.log, but that is a smaller problem.

What I really want working is a version that uses threads, so I can
eventually run slurpd.  I did get a version like that built by setting
the LDFLAGS to explicitly use -lpthreads.  But slapd is failing in the
ldap/tests.  The message in the syslog.log is "./test-db/dn2id.dbb:
unexpected file format," and the test output ends with:

*** Error exit code 1 (ignored)
Initiating LDAP tests...
running defines.sh . ldbm
Datadir is ./data
Cleaning up in ./test-db...
Running ldif2ldbm to build slapd database...
Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9009...
Using ldapsearch to retrieve all the entries...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
ldapsearch failed!
*** Error exit code 32

For details, the tests/test-db/master.log starts with:

slapd 1.2.7-Release (Fri Jan 21 14:45:10 PST 2000)

root@booboo:/home/mattsson/ldap/test-with-threads/ldap/servers/slapd
slapd starting
do_bind
do_bind: version 2 dn () method 128
send_ldap_result 0::
do_search
SRCH "O=UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN,C=US" 2 0    0 0 0
    filter: (objectclass=*)
    attrs:
=> ldbm_back_search
using base "O=UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN,C=US"
subtree_candidates: base: "O=UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN,C=US" lookupbase
dn2entry_r: dn: "O=UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN,C=US"
=> dn2id( "O=UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN,C=US" )
=> ldbm_cache_open( "./test-db/dn2id.dbb", 7, 600 )
<= ldbm_cache_open NULL "./test-db/dn2id.dbb" errno 9 reason "Bad file
number")
<= dn2id could not open dn2id.dbb
send_ldap_result 32::
do_unbind
ber_get_next on fd 5 failed errno 0 (Error 0)
*** got 0 of 0 so far

Where do I go from here?  Got any ideas?  What more information could I
give you?  What could I try to get more info?  The build seemed to have
gone smoothly.

Also, is this test search supposed to be successful after I start slapd
on the default port?  I only get the "no such object" message:

./ldapsearch -h localhost -b "o=University of Michigan, c=US"
"sn=Jensen"

Thanks,
Carol
Carol Mattsson
Enterprise and Commercial Business - Communication Tools
Hewlett-Packard Company (MS 46U-A)  Email: mattsson@cup.hp.com
19091 Pruneridge Ave.               phone: (408)447-2779
Cupertino, CA  USA  95014-0794        FAX: (408)447-1682