Re: access

I am trying password protect my ldap directory.  With no access lines
in the slapd.conf, I am able to search fine, anonymously.

I have the following in my slapd.conf

defaultaccess none
access to *
        by dn=".+, dc=amsite, dc=com" read

I have populated the database with the field userPassword.
I am trying to log in to the database.  I tried
ldapsearch -D "cn=User, dc=mydomain dc=com" -b "dc=mydomain, dc=com" -W
I got the following error:

ldap_bind: Inappropriate authentication

also I tried:

ldapsearch -D "cn=User" -b "dc=mydomain, dc=com" -W
and the error:

ldap_bind: Invalid credentials

I am trying also to connect to the directory with Netscape.  Netscape
wants email address and password.  does the email address have to be
part of the dn?

Jt "The Squeegy" Chiodi

http://www.squeegy.org/
squeegy@squeegy.org