From: Craig Silva <csilva@moreland.vic.gov.au>
To: <OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2000 9:36 AM
Subject: adding url attribute to Organization or Organizational unit

I have been attempting to add a labeledURL attribute to the objectclass
organization by following the suggestion in the documentation to use an
auxilliary object class.

Ldapmodify returns an objectclass violation error.

It may be that I have misinterpreted the documentation.

It appears to say that you can add an auxilliary classobject to a previously
defined classobject. (this is unclear)

Is it however the case that an auxilliary classobject is simply a new
classobject with the appropriate attributes i.e. a local schema ?

If so, and the objectclasses that come with openldap have either too few or
too many or not the right attributes, how best can one stay on track -
having spent a number of nights reading the documentation, I do not know
how I might  ensure that if I use a non-standard schema I can maintain
compatibility so that when v2.0 is available I can move to adopt ldap v3.

Thanks for any advice.

Craig

Craig Silva - IT Infrastructure Coordinator
Moreland City Council - 90 Bell St. Coburg. 3058
Melbourne. Australia. http://www.moreland.vic.gov.au
Tel: + 61 3 9 240 2355, Fax: + 61 3 9 240 1212
email: csilva@moreland.vic.gov.au