Re: IMAP with OpenLDAP

Right now, what I use is an IMAP server that does PAM authentication.
PAM is then setup to use nss_ldap and pam_ldap <http://www.padl.com/>
so that you can authenticate through an LDAP directory server.

I have yet to see an IMAP implementation that does direct authentication
to an LDAP server.  Maybe when the guys who made the qmail-ldap patch to
build clustered mail servers <http://www.nrg4u.com/> have released their
support for Courier-IMAP.  Though, I've read Courier-IMAP is flexible
enough such that you can build your own customized authentication
modules...

	Mike