ldapsearch - "Operatings error" ?

 I'm trying to setup nss_ldap on a RedHat 6.1 box. It seems to be working -
I have run the required scripts in the Migration_tools package, and pinging
hosts that are only listed in the LDAP database works.

 However, wierdly, I can no longer ldapsearch the database. It worked only
an hour ago:

[root@oracle1 /root]#  ldapsearch  "(objectclass=ipHost)"
ldap_search: Operations error
ldap_search: additional info: [OM 2409] Failed to create new file: unable to change ownership.

 Any idea what's the story here. One of my terminals can still run
ldapsearch. The rest don't!

Microsoft. The best reason in the world to drink beer.