Re: Beginner Problem with adding object

At 05:21 PM 11/25/99 +0100, Marc Eggenberger wrote:
>ldap_bind: No such object
>
>As the FAQ says this means that the parent entry is not yet entered .. but
>LDAP is still quite confusing to me .. the ew.ldif file starts like this:

You are failing before the actual ADD operation.  The "no such object"
error occurred on the BIND operation.  Considering this is your
first attempt to add an entry, it's likely you incorrectly
specified your root DN on the command line or in slapd.conf.

If you have further problems, be sure to provide a copy of the
ldapadd command enterred and your slapd.conf.

Kurt

----
Kurt D. Zeilenga		<kurt@boolean.net>
Net Boolean Incorporated	<http://www.boolean.net/>