ldapsearch from list

Greets Folks, I can't find this one in the man page
and I'm in kind of a bind...
the command I'm entering is...

ldapsearch -v -b "o=Company Name,c=US" -D "cn=Directory Manager ID,o=Company
Name,c=US" -w blahblah -h servername -p 389 -f one.text

the result so far is that the system keeps spitting the --help file out at me.

What I'm trying to do is to get ldapsearch to read from the file one.text a
search string  and return the result.  A more on one.text looks like:

#more ./one.text
auid=34345
#

If I remove the "-f one.text" bit and replace it with "auid=34345" it works
fine.

 I'm actually trying to find about 1100 users in this fashion, and I'd
really rather not have to search for all of them manually.  eventually, the
cl will look like this (excepting the correction I'm hoping to get here..):

ldapsearch -v -b "o=Company Name,c=US" -D "cn=Directory Manager ID,o=Company
Name,c=US" -w blahblah -h servername -p 389 -f 1100_users.text >>
1100_users.ldif

but I figure if I can get one to work, then I'll be able to get them all to
work..hopefully..

Thanks Much,
Peace,
Vale