ldapdelete question...

 Is there an "rm -rf" equivilant for ldapdelete ? For instance, if I want
to get rid of a whole branch, do I have to delete each and every entry one
by one ?

 I was trying to do something like:

% ldapdelete "attribute=*, dc=something, dc=somethingelse, c=com"
% ldapdelete "dc=something, dc=somethingelse, c=com"

 But it didn't work...I got this after the first ldapdelete:

ldap_delete: No such object
ldap_delete: matched: DC=SOMETHING,DC=SOMETHINGELSE, C=COM

 I assume then for ldapdelete, you can't give it wildcards, just an exact
pattern from RFC 1779 ? What do I have to do, to do this from the command
line ? Deep magic with awk ?

Kate

--
Microsoft. The best reason in the world to drink beer.
http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~valen