Re: Any Radius servers with "LDAP" backends?

At 07:18 PM 11/8/1999 , Subodh Nijsure wrote:

Has anyone seen Radius server that actually uses ldap server to "fetch"
username/password and other information typically required by network
access devices like dial-in routers?

I am proposing that one of "my clients" investigate this, rather than trying
to maintain radius data on multiple servers, and replicate it using shell
scripts...

Has anyone done this type of system here?

I have! I'm currently working with the Cisco access registrar product and I'm very impressed at how well works with LDAP. Its capabilities are relatively limited to just looking up names and attributes but it does that very well. I'm currently using a variant of the OpenLDAP product as the back-end. Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, let me just say that my client paid for fixes to the OpenLDAP threading code and you'll see the result of those fixes coming up in a future release.

let me know privately if you need more information.

--- eric

Eric S Johansson	esj@inguide.com	  esj@harvee.billerica.ma.us
This message was composed using NaturallySpeaking.