Re: Replication question

At 02:37 AM 10/28/99 -0800, Michael J. Maravillo wrote:
>Pardon me for this very long post.  I'm trying to setup replication
>on two servers, master and slave... and client sending the update
>(using ldapmodify).  All are using OpenLDAP 1.2.7.
>
>Everything works fine if the update is from client to master.
>However, client to slave gives me an 'Insufficient access' error.
>It seems like when client connects to master after a referral, it
>binds as NULL...

OpenLDAP distribute clients do not reuse bind credentials when
chasing referrals.  Doing so automatically can cause the
credentials to be exposed to 3rd parties unexpectantly.

Rebind prompting is on our TODO list.  Developers interested
in working on this encourage to "jump on in".  Please coordinate
on the developer's list so to 1) avoid duplicate work and 2)
leverage work & ideas of others.

Regards, Kurt

----
Kurt D. Zeilenga		<kurt@boolean.net>