Re: --with-threads=pth

> Well, GNU Pth does provide a list of platforms their software
> has been ported to (in the PORTING file contained with their
> distribution).  However, I do not believe covers issues in
> their Pthread emulation.

ok then I'll ask specifically - I've been trying to compile openldap 1.2.7
under debian linux 2.1 (with an upgraded glibc 2.1.2)

The ./configure stalls on checking if pthread_create() works.

it just hangs.
all I get in the config.log is:
configure:5091: checking if pthread_create() works
configure:5123: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c  -pthread -lresolv
1>&5

ideas?

-sv