RE: No object found.....

>But the test suite claims to do search
>operations (one of the most basic operations you can expect for ldap) and
>also claims it gets the correct results back.... WELL, IT DOESN'T!!!

Okay, so provide details!  Everything you say so far leads me to
believe that the test suite is in fact working properly and that
you are just misinterpeting the log entries.  The "got 0 of 0"
does not reflect the number of entries found nor searched.  It's
an indication of the current low-level data decoding state.
I recommend that you take the success of the test suite at face
value.

I recommend that you startover.  Follow the Quick Start Guide
step for step keeping notes to exactly what you did.  Then, if
you have problems with any step, post a message with a copy
of your notes.  In particular, provide a copy of your slapd.conf
file, any LDIF used, and exact command entered and their result.

You need to help us help you by providing clear and consise
information.

Kurt

----
Kurt D. Zeilenga		<kurt@boolean.net>