Re: Building ldap directory - How? [Virus checked by FIDUCI

Hi

You have forgotten  ",o=FAG, c=de" for the person entrys. But that can't explain why your "ou=Computer Based Training, o=FAG, c=de" entry do not get added but try making sure that you only have one empty row between entrys, I have some faint memory of failing when using more than one empty row between entry's.

It should look something like this:
dn: o=FAG, c=de
o:  FAG
sn: FAG
objectclass: organisation

dn: ou=Computer Based Training, o=FAG, c=de
ou: Computer Based Training
sn: CBT
objectclass: organisationalunit

dn: cn=Thomas Schweikle, ou=Computer Based Training, o=FAG, c=de
cn: Thomas Schweikle
sn: tps
uid: user1
mail: tschweikle@fiducia.de
title: Dipl. Ing.
objectclass: person

/Urban

tschweikle@FIDUCIA.de wrote:

> Urban wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > You will have to bind as someone. And the suffix must exist.
> > So if your slapd.conf looks like this:
> >> include  /etc/openldap/slapd.at.conf
> >> include  /etc/openldap/slapd.oc.conf
> >> schemacheck off
> >>
> >> pidfile  /var/slapd.pid
> >> argsfile /var/slapd.args
> >>
> >> database ldbm
> >> suffix "o=sososo, c=DE"
> >>
> >> rootdn "cn=Manager, o=sososo, c=DE"
> >> rootpw secret
> >> directory /usr/tmp
> >
> > Then
> > ldapadd -D "cn=Manager, o=sososo, c=DE" \
> >   -w secret -f tps.ldif -d "o=sososo, c=de"
> >
> > should work.
>
> It does, but only adds the first entry in my ldif-file:
> junifer:~ # ldapadd -D "cn=Manager, o=FAG, c=de" \
>   -f tps.ldif -w secret -d "o=FAG, c=de"
> adding new entry o=FAG, c=de
>
> Here is what I want to add and where only the first entry gets added:
>
> dn: o=FAG, c=de
>   o:  FAG
>   sn: FAG
>   objectclass: organisation
>
> dn: ou=Computer Based Training, o=FAG, c=de
>   ou: Computer Based Training
>   sn: CBT
>   objectclass: organisationalunit
>
> dn: cn=Thomas Schweikle, ou=Computer Based Training
>   cn: Thomas Schweikle
>   sn: tps
>   uid: user1
>   mail: tschweikle@fiducia.de
>   title: Dipl. Ing.
>   objectclass: person
>
> dn: cn=Holger Sérs, ou=Computer Based Training
>   cn: Holger Sérs
>   sn: hs
>   uid: user2
>   mail: hsers@fiducia.de
>   title: AL
>   objectclass: person
>
> dn: cn=Martin Friedrich, ou=Computer Based Training
>   cn: Martin Friedrich
>   sn: mf
>   uid: user3
>   mail: mfriedrich@fiducia.de
>   title:
>   objectclass: person
>
> dn: cn=Peter P. Bogner, ou=Computer Based Training
>   cn: Peter P. Bogner
>   sn: ppb
>   uid: user4
>   mail: pbogner@fiducia.de
>   title:
>   objectclass: person
>
> dn: cn=Manuela Stäbler, ou=Computer Based Training
>   cn: Manuela Stäbler
>   sn: ms
>   uid: user5
>   mail: mstaebler@fiducia.de