Re: Need advice on setting up referrals for replicas

At 03:12 PM 9/24/99 -0700, Alan Sparks wrote:
>Hmmm... I just found references in the archives stating that the command
>line tools will not rebind on referrals.  I guess my original premise is
>wrong, you can't use ldappasswd et al to work in circumstances like I
>envisioned.

I have a patch laying about somewhere that enables rebinding...
but it does it without being explicitly enabled and without
any prompting.   I'd really like to see rebind prompting
(for both target DN and password) added to ldap* commands.

This task is on our the TODO list... and would be a good
starter project for someone.  (hint, hint)

Kurt

PS: interested developers should coordinate on the devel list
to avoid duplicating work.