Re: ldapadd, please help?

At 02:45 PM 9/22/99 -0700, Sean Chitwood wrote:
>Ok, everything is running fine now, but what I can't figure out is how to add a dn?
>
>Here is what I'm trying :
>
>ldapadd -D "o=darkmane Personal DB,c=US" -W < mermaid.ldif

ldapadd is for adding whole entries, to modify a entry
(including adding attributes) use ldapmodify.

> ldapadd: Object class violation
The verify that the entry doesn't violate schema after the
proposed modification.  Note: if the entry violates schema
before the modification, your modification will only be
allowed if it corrects the violation.

You usually what caused the violation by examining slapd
log files.

Kurt