Re: Long query times: OpenLDAP 1.2.7 + BDB 2.7.7 + Solaris 7

Lai Yiu Fai wrote:
> Just curious how sendmail can reuses LDAP sessions.  As I known, the LDAP
> code in sendmail 8.9.3 is still establishing new LDAP connection per lookup
> query.  It is too expensive and overkilled in server side.

Think I remember reading somewhere (article on LinuxWorld?)
that a new version of sendmail (8.10?) is out (or almost
out) that caches LDAP connections.  Will be a good thing.
My memory may be faulty, perhaps more info is available at
www.sendmail.org.

--
Alan Sparks, Principal Network Analyst
<asparks@cpd.harris.com>