Re: Message ID

At 12:43 PM 9/16/99 -0700, Yuri Rabover wrote:
>JR Heisey wrote:
>> Use
>> int ldap_msgid( LDAPMessage *res );
>I couldn't find such function in 1.2.7. I know that the message ID
>field exists in the LDAPMessage structure. I assume this structure is
>supposed to be opaque and may change between releases, so I prefer
>an API call similar to the one you mentioned but I can't seem to find

OpenLDAP 1.2 implements the U-Mich LDAP API where LDAPMessage is
not opaque.  ldap_msgid() is not provided.  You should access lm_msgid
directly.  You can easily implement this yourself with a macro or
wrapper function.  You can even #ifdef it so as to support U-Mich
LDAP APIs, various vendor SDKs, and implementations of the current

OpenLDAP 2.0 will provide a IETF LDAP C API implementation.