Customizing installation

I tried to customize the directories where openldap finds it's conf files, etc
but had no luck.

I ran configure like so:

./configure --prefix=/opt/gnu/depot/openldap-1.2.6
--sysconfdir=/opt/openldap/etc --localstatedir=/opt/openldap/var

Then I ran make all; make install.

The install went fine but when I start slapd it still looks for config files in
$PREFIX/etc/openldap/etc instead of /opt/openldap/etc. I can fix that by
running slapd with the appropriate command line option but this also causes
havoc for the client programs because they can't find slapd.conf for things
like the base dn.