slapd

Hello, I've recently compiled the openldap package and have been
struggling to get it to do what I'd like it to do.  The documentation
seems a bit sparse so I figured I'd ask here and hopefully get a few
pointers.

Ultimately, what I'd like to do is use LDAP for more than just simple
centralized address book queries, and instead as an MS Exchange Server
alternative with task lists, public folders, the works.  Is any of this
possible?  I haven't found much in the way of documentation on this, and
I'm hoping that someone else may have done it.

I'd also like LDAP clients to be forced to authenticate against the LDAP
server so that not everyone can connect to the database at will.  Again, I
haven't really found docs on the exact way to do this.

Thanks very much for your help.

Robert