Re: Q: slurpd replication

Kurt,

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> At 06:13 PM 7/27/99 +0000, David Reitz wrote:
> >i have three LDAP servers set up.  in order to do replication, do i need
> >to only have slurpd and slapd running on the master,
>
> You need to setup the master with a replog for each replica and
> have separate slurpd running for each replog.

Really?  I have one master, two slaves.  There are two replica sections in
the slapd.conf, and only one replogfile.  There is only one slurpd
running, and it services all slaves (I used to have 3 slave servers).  Has
something changed where I can expect this scenario not to work?

> OpenLDAP 1.x supports single-master replication.  The slaves should
> be setup (using a default referral) to refer modification requests
> to the master.

I had troubles with this one.  I ended up with circular stuff, where it
gave me "partial results", or something to that effect.  Is there a
difference between modification referrals and others?

> (there are patches available to implement multiple-master replication
> available:  http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi?findid=170
>
> >, however, replication works fine from
> >the master to the slaves.  (i must be missing some configuration
> >issue... but what is it???)
>
> referral	ldap://master/

Don
--

Don Badrak <dbadrak@census.gov>              301.457.8263 work
Telecommunications Office                    301.457.4438 fax