Re: Netscape proxy in firewall flooding slapd

We had a similar problem.  We were having over 30,000 transactions taking place between the proxy and the LDAP server every hour.  In our case we had run up against a limit in the number of open socket connections between two machines.  What we did to remedy the situation was setup the config with our NS Proxy 3.52 to enable LDAP Caching.  We set the cache table size to 2 meg and the proxy auth cache expiration to 15 min.  After setting this config, our number of transactions have gone down to around 200 per hour.  Good luck.

-Norm

--
Norman Aaron
Web Administrator