schema check on => Object class violation

hi
I am using openldap_1.2.3.

Problem 1
=========

I have schema check on. When I try to modify the userpassword attr I
get..
$ ldappasswd -b " o=IISc, c=IN" -D"cn=root, o=IISc, c=IN" -t"uid=ramana,
ou=CS, o=IISc, c=IN" -W
Enter LDAP password:
New password:
Re-enter new password:
ldap_modify: Object class violation
$

The object account is defined as...

objectclass account
    requires
        objectClass,
        uid
    allows
        userPassword,
        description

When I turn schema check off Its working fine. BTW I have some other
attributes (cis type and hence not defined in the slapd.user_at.conf
file) in my univPerson class which exhibit the same behaviour.

Problem2
========
ldapsearch doesn't support -W option. I have default access set to none.